Women face lots of problems with oily skin as this gives rise to acne and pimples, black heads, white heads creating patches on the facial skin and leaving scars and black spots that mars the beauty of the face. Oily skin gives a shiny and dull appearance and make ups don't stay for a long time. Since it is not possible to change the skin type, one can adopt few measures in managing the oily skin and restoring its natural glow.
Overactive oil producing glands produce excess sebum or oil resulting in oily skin. This particular trait is generally inherited or can be caused due to hormonal changes especially during the onset of puberty or in pregnancy. Taking contraceptive pills also results in oily skin. The oil glands become overactive and start producing too much oil especially in the T-zone areas. Men also face this oily skin problem due to the hormonal changes but to a much lesser extent.
Few easier steps followed regularly can help to manage the oily skin to a great extent. Perfect procedures of cleansing, toning or by application of herbal face masks and oils help in restoring the natural skin glow.
1. Face must be washed 2-3 times a day with a mild cleanser containing no additives.
2. Water based oil free moisturizers must be used to moisturize the skin.
3. Citrus essential oils from lemon, grape fruit, orange are very helpful for oily skins. Herbal lotions containing these essential oils can prevent from excess oil production.
4. Application of clay based packs 2-3 times a week adding few drops pf rose water is helpful in managing oily skin.
5. Beauty facial products containing alpha hydroxyl- acids are good for oily skin as these help in removing dead cell layers from the face.
6. While stepping out doors broad spectrum oil free sunscreen with SPF higher than 15 must be applied daily throughout the year.
7. To prevent the excess sweating, application of an antiperspirant base in solid form is useful as it also helps the make up to last for long hours.
8. Having hot water steam several times a week by adding few dried herbs like rosemary, parsley or thyme or by adding essential oils of lavender, chamomile reduces the oil production.
9. Applying egg white and gram flour on the face and after drying, washing it with water reduces the oil in the skin.
10. Application of ice water adding few drops of rose water controls the oiliness of the skin giving a feeling of freshness.
11. Regular intake of Vitamin supplements containing Vitamin B, C, E and zinc is beneficial for oily skin.