Skin is the largest organ of the human body and it cannot be underestimated. It provides the first line of defense in protecting our body from various external factors. The general health of the body can be reflected through its glowing radiance whereas a pale and dull appearance can tell a different story. Simple natural care methods can cure all skin problems to the root that will also help in enhancing the general health and the overall appearance.
The general functions of skin can be summarized as -
1. It helps in regulating our body temperature though out the day when we are engaged in various physical activities.
2. Protects our body from harmful substances.
3. Helps in detoxification of the body through sweat.
4. Reduces the workload of kidneys and liver by eliminating some metabolic wastes.
5. Plays a vital role in maintaining our body immunity system.
Importance and Benefits of Skin Care
A lot has been talked and discussed about skin care, but there is no other method that can match with the natural care. These natural cares are handy, easy to follow, involve least expense giving you the maximum benefit. Whether be it home remedies or herbal, most of the ingredients are easily available.
Few important points to follow -
1. Proper nutrition that includes fresh and unprocessed food rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals. Fruits being the best supplement among all, as these can be taken raw with all the nutrients being intact.
2. Sufficient rest, sleep and a tension free mind.
3. Drinking plenty of water (to prevent dehydration and maintain the ph level).
4. Breathing in fresh air to oxygenate the cells and maintaining good health.
Steps of Skin Care
Skin care involves three basic steps of -
1. Cleansing - This must be done by using soaps rich in natural oils and avoid chemical rich soaps or detergents that may cause irritation or dryness. Gentle scrubbing by loofah removes the dead cell layers, blackheads and restores the natural glow.
2. Toning - Toning must be done to remove any residue of the dead cells and tightens the open pores.
3. Moisturizing - Moisturizing helps in restoring the oil balance. Before selecting a moisturizer one should carefully study the ingredients. It is always safe to go for the herbal and natural formulations. Too much chemicals which are unnecessary, needs to be eliminated from the body. In fact, these chemicals remain stored in the body and can cause serious health problems in the future.
Skin care products containing essential oils and herbal ingredients are safe to use in all respects as well as serving the purpose.