Cancer or malignant neoplasm is a malady that is feared most by people, for a person suffering from cancer is considered always to live under the shadow of death. The disease is characterized by uncontrollable growth, division, and multiplication of diseased cells, thereby forming lumps or tumors. This explosive cell growth starts interfering with the proper functioning of the various systems of the human body like digestive, circulatory, nervous etc. While multiplying, the cells produce unwanted hormones that bar the normal functioning of body.
Under chronic conditions, the diseased cells travel through out the body by means of the blood or lymph, and invade and destroy all healthy tissues. Also new blood vessels may be formed by the cancerous tumor. They stick out from the different sides of the tumor, and help cell growth by feeding on the patient's body. The process is called angiogenesis. Such stages are quite impossible to manage through medicines or arrest through other clinical measures. Under such serious conditions, the patient's body goes through a process called metastasis. Healthy cells follow a definite course of growth, division and death. When cancer strikes a body, this order or course is broken down.
Cancer can attack people of all ages, but the risk rises with aging. Cancer can be of numerous types, and its classification depends on the nature or type of the affected cell. Genetic causes, chewing of tobacco, exposure to harmful chemicals or radiations accelerate the risk of being attacked by cancer. Tumors that show limited growth are not that dangerous, and are said to be benign.
1. Persistent fatigue
3. Exceptional weight loss
4. Pain as a late symptom
5. Chronic cough
6. Blood or mucus discharge while coughing
7. Persistent fever
8. Changes in bowel habits
13. Formation of lumps that continue to grow in size
14. Abnormal vaginal bleeding in case of women
15. Chronic ulcers or sores that do not get healed at all
Though any abnormality in body requires immediate attention of doctors, some natural remedies can be tried out simultaneously for better results.
1. Extracts of mistletoe, a semi parasitic plant are capable of destroying cancerous cells.
2. Saw palmetto is an effective natural remedy for prostate cancers.
3. A combination of herbs like burdock roots, thistle, red clover, water cress, rhubarb, bark of slippery elm can be processed to make tea. Drinking of such tea improves immune system, reduces size of tumors.
4. The sap of birch can be drunk as syrup to lessen the symptoms of cancer.
5. Oil of wintergreen cleanses the blood and resolves digestive track disorders. Thus it can fight against colon cancers.
6. Acemannan contained in aloe Vera is an excellent immune stimulator.
7. Extracts of Venus flytrap, Echinacea, and Ginseng can also fight against diseased cells.
8. Sea food should find place in a person's diet, for it is very effective in cancer prevention.
9. Processed and refined food items are to be avoided.
10. Diet should include the range of all 72 natural trace elements. This is the best cancer preventive measure.
11. Food cooked in flaxseed oil can help.
12. Rodent tuber plant juice can check cancerous cell growth.
13. Cutting down on sugar, milk, meat consumption would help to alleviate symptoms.
14. Oxygen therapy by means of exercise and practicing deep breathing can fight against cancer cells.
15. Fresh, juicy fruits and vegetables, alkaline food items should be included in diet.