Many people staying in hot and humid climatic conditions sweat profusely causing body odor that includes underarm odor. This can be very uncomfortable for the person concerned, often leading to embarrassing situation in social gatherings or in workplaces. Even the people those who don't sweat much can also experience this uncomfortable situation. Generous application of perfumes and deodorants also don't work in some cases and people become desperate to find ways in order to get rid of this underarm odor.
Reasons behind underarm odor
There may be several reasons for people to develop underarm odor -
1. Prime reason may be due to moisture build up in the underarm due to heavy sweating.
2. Bacterial and fungal infection due to the moist conditions
3. Not having bath properly and unclean body
4. Practicing unhygienic habits
5. Some medications may result in unpleasant body odor especially in the underarms.
How to reduce body odor?
Following are some handy tips that help in eliminating underarm odor making the person feel relaxed.
1. Regular bathing twice a day using a deodorant soap or some herbal medicated soap reduces the body odor including underarm odor and also destroys the fungal infections, if any, which is a causative factor of the unpleasant odor.
2. It is advisable to wear light cotton clothes to prevent the build up of moisture due to sweating and avoid all sorts of synthetic fabrics and silk.
3. Deodorants rich in minerals work better in reducing the underarm odor compared to other common OTC deodorants.
4. Wiping the underarms with white alcohol vinegar or Witch Hazel helps in reducing the odor.
5. Apple cider vinegar also eliminates the underarm odor by reducing the pH level and creating unfavorable conditions for bacterial growth.
6. Instead of deodorant one can use a crystal rock of potassium alum that prevents underarm odor by clogging the sweat glands.
7. Applying white vinegar with cotton in the underarm also helps in reducing the unpleasant odor.
8. Baking soda is a natural deodorant and that can work as well in eliminating underarm odor by destroying the bacterial infections.
9. Few drops of Rosemary oil in an ounce of water also acts as an excellent natural deodorant.
10. Drinking 500 mg of wheat grass juice daily in empty stomach reduces the underarm odor.
11. Drinking tea made out of Sage herb reduces the activity of the sweat glands hence reducing the underarm odor.
Finally maintaining a healthy body system through a well maintained diet prevents cropping up of these uncomfortable odors. Body odors may also result due to some internal disorders and so consulting an expert will be an added advantage to detect the root.