Rosacea is a skin condition resembling to acne that has affected millions around the world. This condition is mostly noticed in people having fair complexion. Rosacea appears as red patches, benign in nature or as small lumps or cysts around the face and the nose. The chin, temples, cheeks and forehead are commonly affected by Rosacea. It appears on the blushing areas of the face and people who blush easily can be the target for this disease. Rosacea is neither infectious nor contagious and may last for years. The condition gets worse if left untreated resulting in a permanent damage to the facial skin.
Most people remain unaware of the fact that they are suffering from Rosacea. Typical symptoms of Rosacea are -
1. Flushing and redness in the facial skin.
2. Blood vessels get dilated and are visible superficially.
3. Small red lumps and cyst like structures appear along with a burning sensation.
Exact cause of Rosacea is yet to be confirmed and the plausible causes are -
1. Over exposure to sun
2. Genetic factors
3. Some gastro intestinal disease may result in the dilation of the blood vessels.
4. Emotional stress and anxiety.
5. Too much spicy food, drinking alcohol aggravates the disease.
6. Menopause can contribute to the flaring up of Rosacea.
Rosacea can be controlled by avoiding the triggers and with due medication, but the most common natural ways of curing this condition are listed below -
1. Applying the cream made from the extract of Chrysanthellum indicum herb twice a day helps in strengthening of the capillaries and reduces the redness of the face. It is an effective natural remedy for rosacea.
2. Taking diluted apple cider vinegar helps in releasing digestive enzymes that maintains the bacterial balance in the intestines and improves the symptoms of Rosacea.
3. Consuming fenugreek tea is a good natural remedy for Rosacea.
4. Taking colored fruits and vegetables enriched in Vitamin A strengthens the blood capillary system and develops the body immunity.
5. One should cut down refine sugars and spicy food in the diet.
6. Application of green tea soak on the affected areas helps in reducing inflammation.
7. It is better to avoid those foods that may trigger Rosacea.
8. Washing of the face must be done with lukewarm water than warm water, as the latter may aggravate the symptoms of this disease.
9. Rubbing of the skin must be avoided as it may cause further damage to the sensitive skin.
10. One of the useful home remedies for rosacea is grape fruit seed. Applying compresses of grape fruit seed and garlic are highly beneficial in eliminating the parasites from the skin.
11. Application of enough sun block cream is recommended before stepping out in the sun.
12. Chocolates and carbonated drinks are common culprits that trigger Rosacea and should be avoided.