Fibroids are muscle tumors in the uterus that are very painful most of the times. Excess of estrogen causes fibroids. It is mainly produced by the fat cells. So the first step to the natural home remedies for fibroids is to maintain your body weight by exercising correctly and this should be followed by a healthy diet. Besides this, you need to detoxify yourself regularly, especially the liver. Excessive estrogen can also be present due to hormonal imbalance. Treatment is very difficult as there are many factors that are responsible for fibroids. So doctors recommend hysterectomy or else you have to wait till menopause so that the fibroids shrink.
Many women come across with the trouble of Fibroids, a common disorder of the female reproductive system observed in their child bearing ages. Fibroids result due to the formation of muscular lumps or tumors in the uterus, which are mostly benign in nature. These are also observed in other parts of the body such as in lungs. The size of these uterine fibroids varies from the size of a pea to that of a basket ball (in serious cases). They may exist in singles or in multiple numbers. Fibroids are the main reason for the rising number of hysterectomy cases. These can be removed by laparoscopic methods; in occasional cases the complete removal of the uterus is required.
Many women remain totally unaware of the fibroids is the uterus, but in most cases the uterine fibroids can be diagnosed through the following symptoms -
1. Painful menstruation followed by heavy bleeding or irregular periods.
2. Irritation in urinary bladder and frequent urination.
3. Pain during intercourse or lower abdominal pain.
4. Complications during pregnancy leading to miscarriages.
The plausible causes of fibroids are -
1. Xenoestrogens play a very important role for the occurrence of fibroids. These estrogen-like compounds spread in the body through milk, poultry, beef and pesticides and by the extensive use of plastics that interfere with the growth hormones.
2. Imbalance in the estrogen levels.
3. Undergoing too much emotional stress in relationships.
4. Genetic factors are often counted for the occurrence of fibroids.
The silver lining in case of fibroids is that the surgical interventions are not compulsory as these can be cured by adopting natural methods. Below are some useful home remedies for fibroids -
The useful natural home remedies for fibroids will take all the possible causes into account and treat the problem. This includes a change in your lifestyle and diet. Water is the answer to most of our problems. So you must take adequate amount of water, i.e. half your body weight to flush out all the toxins and detoxify regularly. Include anti-inflammatory foods like oats, rosemary and hops in your daily diet. Add spices like curcumin and cumin in your daily diet. Take hot baths/showers to relax yourself. You can also use hot pads or hot water bags to get relief from pain.
Goji berries are great antioxidants that help in reducing these accumulated toxins. It also prevents any further growth of fibroids. They are good sources of vitamins and minerals that help in building the immunity system. You have to include them in your daily diet. One of the most effective natural home remedies for fibroids is including cranberries in your daily diet. It helps in keeping the urinary tract healthy. You can have the fruit or its juice. They are also available in the form of tablets and capsules.
Acai berry has high antioxidant properties. It cleanses the system and prevents any further growth of tumors if taken regularly. It helps in improving your health as it builds up your immunity and slows down the aging process. Flaxseeds are the other most essential natural home remedies for fibroids. It is very effective in balancing the hormones. It helps in bringing the estrogen level back to normal. You can also have flaxseed oil in your daily diet. Grapes are very useful too. You can eat them fresh, dried as raisins, in tablet or capsule form. You can also have grape juice.
One of the natural home remedies for fibroids is raspberries as it takes care of a woman's overall health. It is rich in anti-bacterial, anti-viral and cancer-killing properties. Consuming raspberries daily help in building new cells and destroying unhealthy cells. Pre-menstrual syndrome can be rectified by taking chaste berries daily. Vitex or chaste berries help in conditioning your menstrual cycle every month as it becomes heavy due to fibroids. Eat lot of fruits and vegetables and avoid processed and red meat. Fibroids are usually inherited from genes. So if there is a family history, it is better to take precautions to keep the problem at bay.
1. Diet plays a crucial role and food rich in phytoestrogens like chickpeas, lentils, alfalfa, linseed, red clover must be taken regularly. Phytoestrogens helps in maintaining the estrogen levels.
2. Dietary fibers in the form of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, oats and complex carbohydrates help in curing fibroids.
3. Adopting organic foods those are devoid of chemical fertilizers and pesticides and strictly avoiding processed foods are beneficial in treating fibroids.
4. Too much intake of dairy products and red meat should be avoided as the arachidonic acid present in these foods aggravates the pain and the bleeding.
5. Drinking of black tea should be avoided as it hampers the iron absorption. Herbal tea can be a good substitute.
6. Horse tail, witch hazel, ladies mantle are good astringent herbs that controls the excess menstrual bleeding.
7. Herbs like Calendula, Damania, Thuja helps in the shrinking of fibroids.
8. The herbs chaste tree, ladies mantle keeps a check in the estrogen levels of the body.
9. Regular exercise helps greatly in reducing the fibroids.