Diarrhea is a stomach infection, characterized by the frequent passing of loose, watery stool. In such cases the stomach is considered to be upset. It can be mild or chronic. It is not so dangerous a problem, but if not checked in time, it may lead to serious complications because of excessive dehydration. Actually the intestine absorbs the water released by stomach, pancreas, liver, and also the water content in the food items we consume. When the infection occurs, the intestine is unable to do so, resulting in the passage of loose stool. People of all ages may be attacked by diarrhea or stomach upset. Prolonged diarrhea may lead to severe weakness in the patient due to loss of important Vitamins from the body.
1. Food allergy
2. Food poisoning
5. Putrefaction of intestinal tract
6. Drinking of infected water
7. Viral, bacterial infections
8. Intestinal parasites
9. Spicy food, and food taken in wrong combination
10. Emotional stress
12. Nervous disorders
13. Intake of antibiotics
14. Intake of laxatives
15. High amounts of alcohol consumption
16. Radiation and chemotherapy
1. Stomach ache
3. Loss of appetite
4. Frequent passing of loose stool
8. Abdominal cramps
1. Drinking ginger tea is a way to check stomach ache and cramps during diarrhea.
2. A mixture of ginger juice, lemon juice and pepper powder in water may be taken daily to check diarrhea.
3. Starchy liquids like arrowroot water, barley water, coconut water, rice gruel can prove highly beneficial in treating the disease.
4. A mixture of dry gooseberry or amla powder and black chebulic myrobalan is a good natural remedy for the diarrhea.
5. One tea spoon of lemon paste along with seeds with a pinch of salt should be taken as frequently as possible.
6. A mixture of carrot juice and ginger ale stops loose motion.
7. The water, in which rice has been cooked, is very effective in treating diarrhea.
8. A mixture of one tea spoon of apple cider vinegar and water may be taken daily after meals.
9. Maximum intake of fluids is very necessary to treat diarrhea.
10. Caffeine and alcohol should be avoided.
11. A mixture of mango nut powder and water can be used as cure for diarrhea.
12. A mixture of four tablespoon of honey and water can be quite helpful.
13. A mixture of roasted fennel and white cumin seeds can be taken daily to get good results.
14. 200 grams of butter milk mixed with half gram black salt and roasted cumin seeds are a good natural remedy for diarrhea.
15. A mixture of yoghurt, cumin and fenugreek seeds can very effectively treat diarrhea.