Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is a medical condition affecting elderly men, where enlargement of the prostate gland occurs. The condition is also referred to as benign prostate hypertrophy. The condition occurs when the production of testosterone, the major male hormone, and its quantity decreases in blood due to aging. As a result of the lowering of testosterone levels, the estrogen level rises in an aged male.
High amount of estrogen within the prostate gland is an abnormal condition, inducing the growth of stromal and epithelial cells of the gland. The cell growth leads to the enlargement of prostate gland and formation of distinct nodules on the periurethral region of the gland. As the prostate gland surrounds the urethra, enlargement of gland exerts pressure on the urethral canal or compresses the canal, thereby obstructing the normal flow of urine. BPH if not checked in time may lead to urinary tract infection due to formation of bacteria in the residual urine left behind in the bladder, stones in the urinary bladder.
1. Hesitancy or intermittency of the urine stream
2. Strain felt while voiding the urinary bladder
3. Frequent urination
4. Urinary retention or Obstructive Uropathy
Benign prostatic hyperplasia is the starting or initial stage of the benign prostatic hypertrophy. You will know about the home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) in this discussion. It is cancerous however it is dangerous and one should try to stop or recover from it as soon as possible. It is the enlargement of the prostate gland in men. It causes the flow of urine slow and less forceful, which results in the need of emptying the bladder more frequently during the day as well as night. Home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) are required for diseases like flow of urine causes difficulty in men.
While discussing about home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) you should be aware about certain features. The main cause in the growth of bladder or larger prostrate is generally considered due to the increase of the number of cells (hyperplasia). However the main cause of increase of cells remains unknown. There many are a variety of reasons such as the androgens (hormone found in male), estrogens or other things. This is a very common disease for male after certain stage for which you can take the help of home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy).
Before using home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) you must undergo a test known as the P S A test which will let you know about the disease. You have to go through a test to determine if you are having this disease or not. If you are tested positive then you will have to go through surgery which is again not 100% advisable or sure. Therefore now we will discuss a bit of home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy). If your doctor advice you then you can definitely go with herbal supplements which are very useful and affective in cases like these.
Herbal supplements ensure good and fair recovery without any side affects which you can have through surgery. So it's always advisable to go for home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) rather than surgery. A good diet full of fibre also ensures a healthy gland if you have herbal medication with it. Always remember that if you maintain these things you can easily ease the pain and trouble of having home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) rather than surgery. There are many herbal supplements like palmetto oil which is used as one of the best herbal remedy around the world.
There are other ways like the use homeopathic medication for the home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy). Use of Cod liver oil and borage oil are also useful. One of the homeopathic ingredients used to give great relief for enlarged prostrate is the 'Cubeba' especially when there is a very strong feeling of urination. When you are looking for a homeopathy remedies do make sure that they are GMP approved. Home remedies for BPH (benign prostatic hypertrophy) should be licensed with Homeopathic Pharmacopoeia of the United States (HPUS).
Here are some highly beneficial home remedies for BPH.
1. Nettle root extracts help in diminishing the size of enlarged gland.
2. Hydrangea root or Horsetail helps in reducing the inflammation of gland.
3. Palmetto or wild palm tree extracts are highly beneficial for treating BPH.
4. Tea, tincture reduces gland inflammation.
5. Consumption of animal products should be reduced and more and more fresh fruits and leafy vegetables should be included in diet.
6. Copper and zinc supplements should be taken, for they regulate processing of testosterone in to DHT.
7. Golden seal and cranberry juice has antibiotic agents that can arrest the growth of bacteria, and check urinary tract infections.
8. Bee pollen is highly beneficial in reducing the size of enlarged prostates.
9. Lycopene contained in tomato is a powerful antioxidant reduces frequency in passing urine and muscular degeneration.
10. A mixture of spinach and carrot juices is an excellent natural remedy for prostate disorder.
11. Vitamin E rich food is helpful for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia.
12. Junk foods, dairy products, alcohol, flour, refined sugar should be avoided.
13. The patient should drink plenty of water.
14. Flaxseed oil contains fatty acids, and is a very good remedy for shrinking prostates.
15. Pygeum helps in checking benign prostatic hyperplasia symptoms to a large extent.