What you eat reflects upon how bright and lively your skin wears a look! A healthy skin is a product of a balanced diet. Through the balanced diet the body derives all its essential nutrients which are reflected through the radiant and glowing skin complexion. As people undergo enormous stress and strain in their daily lives, they pay less attention to the regular grub. The skin quality doesn't change overnight. Prolonged unhealthy food habits and life style takes a toll on the skin and the general health. Similarly, getting back the healthy skin is also pretty time consuming.
What food is good for healthy skin?
Well, this is a million dollar question, as there is no dearth of nutritive foods provided by nature but seldom we care while indulging in stomach filling.
1. Fruits rank the first among all food stuff as these are stuffed with vitamins like A, B and C, minerals and water and can be taken raw with the quality of food remaining intact. Citrus fruits, Blueberries are rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants that are responsible for healthy skin.
2. Green vegetables are rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals that help in cleansing the body system, improves the blood circulation which is good for the skin. Vitamin E is a good anti aging agent available from the greens that helps to maintain the skin glow for a longer period of time.
3. Essential Fatty acids like Omega 3 fatty acids are essential for healthy skin that can be derived from Salmon, Sardines, Tuna, Flaxseed oils and Soya beans.
4. Antioxidants play a major role in sustaining the skin health and also fight against various diseases. Green tea, Citrus fruits, Carrots, cherries, broccoli, tomatoes, nuts and raisins are some anti-oxidant rich food.
5. Food with high iron content like eggs, red meat and sea food helps in hemoglobin formation, deficiency of which may result in the paleness of the skin.
Importance of water and fluids
Above all, the importance of fluids should not be overlooked to maintain a healthy skin. Water, fruit juices hydrates the cells and detoxifies the body adding glow to the skin. Drinking 6-8 glasses of water is must as suggested by experts.
Foods to avoid
Some foods which are damaging for skin are often taken by people being totally unaware of the effects -
1. Junk and fast food high in calories and less in nutrients.
2. Smoking and drinking that triggers free radical reactions damaging the skin.
3. Carbonated and caffeine rich beverages that aid in aging of the skin.