Healthy and lustrous hair has always been the dream for most of the women, but very few are aware of the fact that the dream can b fulfilled through healthy eating. Hair constitutes mainly of proteins and it derives the nourishment from the body. So it is evident that a healthy body can only facilitate in the growth of healthy and bouncy hair. Any nutrient deficiency in the body is reflected in the dullness and the brittleness of the hair.
Vital foods for healthy hair
Instead of applying harsh chemicals to enhance the quality and spending huge amounts on the lotions and potions it is wise and easy to adopt a healthy diet for that crowning glory. Just few healthy food habits will create magical wonders but one need to be patient to get the desired result.
1. A protein rich diet consisting of fish, eggs, milk, cereals help in healthy growth of the hair and prevent falling and splitting of the hair.
2. Dark green vegetables constituting spinach, broccoli are rich in Vitamin A and C that helps in producing sebum which acts as a natural hair conditioner preventing it from drying.
3. Legumes, beans are rich in proteins as well as minerals like iron, zinc and biotin that promote hair growth and prevent the hair turning to be brittle.
4. Essential fatty acids play a vital role in adding luster and strength to the hair. Fish like sardines, salmons, tuna, mackerel and herrings are rich in omega three fatty acids that facilitate a healthy growth of the hair.
5. Silica is another trace mineral essential for the strength of the hair. Vegetables like onion, strawberry, cauliflower, green vegetables, lettuce, asparagus etc. are rich in silica and should be included in the regular diet.
6. Oysters are beneficial for hair. Though it sounds unbelievable, the presence of zinc in oyster boosts the hair growth. Zinc is also available in commonly available grains and nuts.
7. Calcium present in low fat milk is very essential for the healthy hair.
Importance of water for healthy hair
Water constitutes about one fourth weight of a single strand of hair and so plenty of water is necessary for soft and silky hair. Drinking about 7-8 glasses of water hydrates the hair follicles that gives a shiny look.
Apart from healthy food, hair should be maintained properly by -
1. Regularly trimming the hair removing the split ends
2. Cleaning the scalp from dirt
3. Application of natural oils
4. Avoiding too much coloring, perming or using hair dryers
5. Avoiding stress and tensions